Pac-12 Football Players of the Week - Week 7
OFFENSE: Brandon Aiyuk, Sr., WR, Arizona State (Reno, Nev.)
• Caught seven passes for a career-high 196 yards and 3 TDs in ASU's 38-34 win over Washington State.
• Aiyuk's 28.0 yard per-catch average was the highest single-game per-catch average of a Sun Devil recording seven catches in a game, passing N'Keal Harry's previous record of 24.3 in 2017.
• Teamed with QB Jayden Daniels for the eighth-longest passing play in school history (86 yards) for his second touchdown of the game.
• Caught two passes for 23 yards on ASU's game-winning, 75-yard touchdown drive.
Also nominated: CJ Verdell, RB, ORE; Kedon Slovis, QB, USC; Zack Moss, RB, UTAH.
DEFENSE: Verone McKinley III, R-Fr., S, Oregon (Carrollton, Texas)
• Became just the second FBS freshman with two interceptions in a game to help Oregon hold its fifth consecutive opponent to single-digit points en route 45-3 win over Colorado
• It marks the first time since 1958 that the Ducks have held five straight opponents under 10 points.
• Added a career-high five tackles, including four in the first half, and also tipped another pass that resulted in another Oregon INT
• First career interception came on third down in the red zone as was the start of three empty chances in the red zone for Colorado.
• Returned second INT 53 yards and it resulted in a TD on the next play and a 38-3 lead
• Oregon limited its fifth consecutive opponent to under 300 total yards and third straight with less than 200 passing yards.
Also nominated: Devin Lloyd, LB, UTAH; Jack Jones, ASU; Nate Landman, LB, COLO.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Lucas Havrisik, Jr., K, Arizona (Riverside, Calif.)
• 2-for-2 on field goals, including a 50-yard make Also connected from 31 yards.
• 4th FG of 50 or longer in his career.
• 5-for-5 on touchbacks. Has an 84.21% touchback percentage on the season, which is 5th best in country
Also nominated: Cristian Zendejas, K, ASU; Chase McGrath, K, USC; Beau Bisharat, ST, COLO.
OFFENSIVE LINE: Penei Sewell, So., OL, Oregon (St. George, Utah)
• Highest graded offensive lineman in the Pac-12 with a grade of 92.7 over 65 snaps at left tackle in Oregon's 45-3 win over Colorado
• Only offensive lineman nationally in week 7 to finishing with a pass blocking (90.2) and run blocking grade (94.1) both over 90 by PFF.
• Led the team with six knockdowns
• Paved the way for Oregon to became the third Pac-12 team this season in conference play to rush and pass for over 250 yards (rushed for season-high 252 yards). Oregon rushed for 170 yards on 19 carries behind the left side of the line.
• Didn't allow a pressure, hurry or hit on QB Justin Herbert for the fourth time this season.
Also nominated: Trey Adams, OT, WASH; Donovan West, RG, ASU; Darrin Paulo, RT, UTAH.
DEFENSIVE LINE: Ryan Bowman, Jr., OLB, Washington (Bellevue, Wash.)
• The Huskies racked up 54 yards on tackles for loss, including 41 lost yards on four sacks. Bowman had one of those sacks, for 11 yards, and also played a big role in a 15-yard strip sack, credited to teammate Benning Potoa'e, which resulted in a five-yard return for a TD by UW linebacker Brandon Wellington.
• Bowman pressured Arizona QB Khalil Tate into the waiting Potoa'e to create that huge play.
• He also played a role in an earlier big play, pouncing on a blocked punt.
• Later in the game, Bowman capped his performance with his first career interception, knocking a pass into the air and catching it.
Also nominated: Drake Jackson, DL, USC.
FRESHMAN: Jayden Daniels, Fr., QB, Arizona State (San Bernardino, Calif.)
• Daniels passed for a career-high 363 yards and 3 TDs (with no turnovers) while completing 72 percent of his passes (26-36) and led his third fourth-quarter comeback in ASU's 38-34 win over Washington State.
• Also ran for 23 yards, including 17-yard dash for the game-winning touchdown with 34 seconds remaining.
• Connected with WR Brandon Aiyuk for TD strikes of 40, 86 and 33 yards. The 86-yard score was the eighth-longest passing play in school history.
• On the game-winning drive, Daniels accounted for all 75 yards, completing 7-of-9 passes for 58 yards and running 17 yards for the score.
Also nominated: Verone McKinley III, S, ORE; Puka Nacua, WR, WASH; Markese Stepp, RB, USC.