Oregon's Pritchard, USC's Okongwu earn Pac-12 Men's Basketball weekly honors
Oregon senior Payton Pritchard collects his first career Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week honor, while USC's Onyeka Okongwu earns his second Pac-12 Freshman of the Week award as voted on by media who cover the league.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (12/16/19)
Payton Pritchard, Oregon
Sr., G, West Linn, Ore.
• Led all players with 23 points, including 19 in the second half and overtime, as Oregon edged then No. 5 Michigan, 71-70, in Ann Arbor, Mich., on Saturday.
• The Wooden Award, Naismith and Robertson Trophies and Cousy Award nominee went 6-of-8 from floor for 13 points in the second half and 3-of-4 for six points in overtime to will the Ducks to victory.
• Accounted for 15 of Oregon's final 17 points, scoring the Ducks' final nine points of regulation and six of team's eight in overtime.
• The upset was Oregon's third top-15 victory this season - all of which have come away from home, the only school in the country with such a résumé.
• Marked the highest ranked regular season non-conference victory in program history, the program's first top-5 non-conference road win, and first overall top-5 road win in 43 years (No. 5 UCLA, Feb. 1976).
ALSO NOMINATED: Zeke Nnaji, ARIZONA; Romello White, ARIZONA STATE; Tres Tinkle, OREGON STATE; Oscar da Silva, STANFORD; Onyeka Okongwu, USC; Timmy Allen, UTAH; CJ Elleby, WASHINGTON STATE.
Onyeka Okongwu, USC
Fr., F, Chino, Calif.
• Scored 24 of his game-high 28 points in the second half as USC improved to 9-2 on the season with an 87-76 victory over Long Beach State on Sunday.
• Added 12 rebounds against the Beach to record his league-high tying fifth double-double of the season.
• Converted 13-of-19 field goals, including 11-of-14 in the second half, en route to his fifth game with 20-or-more points.
• Leads all Conference freshmen and ranks in the top six in the league in scoring (18.4 ppg, 6th), rebounding (9.0 rpg, 3rd) and blocks (3.1 bpg, 2nd) while shooting 62 percent from the field.
• Also voted Pac-12 Freshman and Player of the Week on Nov. 25.
ALSO NOMINATED: Zeke Nnaji, ARIZONA; Jarod Lucas, OREGON STATE; Tyrell Terry, STANFORD; Mikael Jantunen, UTAH.