Pac-12 Tennis Weekly Awards - April 8, 2021
MEN’S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Arthur Fery, Fr., STANFORD (Wimbledon, United Kingdom)
- Freshman helped Stanford to pair of victories over ranked opponents last week - 4-3 over No. 23 Arizona State and 6-1 over No. 17 Arizona on Sunday - to remain undefeated (3-0) in Pac-12 action so far this season.
- Provided the clinching point in a third-set thriller on court No. 2 to defeat the Sun Devils.
- Helped Stanford take an early lead against the Wildcats with the clinching win at No. 3 doubles.
- Rolled in straight sets at No. 2 singles against Arizona's 15th-ranked Gustaf Strom, 6-1, 6-0.
- Marked the freshman’s first singles win against a ranked opponent.
Also Nominated: Mathew Tsolakyan, UCLA; Stefan Dostanic, USC; Geronimo Espin Busleiman, UTAH.
WOMEN’S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Janice Tjen, Fr., OREGON (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Knocked off two top 50 players over the weekend, both in straight sets.
- She has three wins over ranked opponents in singles this season for Oregon, all of which she beat in the last two weekends.
- Defeated No. 41 Haley Giavara, 6-1, 6-1 on Friday versus California, before beating No. 48 Michaela Gordon of Stanford, 7-5, 6-3 on Sunday.
- Put up Oregon's second point on Sunday in the program's first-ever win over Stanford.
- Also helped clinch the doubles point versus the Cardinal.
Also Nominated: Hannah Viller Moeller, CAL; Sara Nayar, COLO; Jada Hart, UCLA; Eryn Cayetano, USC; Sarah-Maude Fortin, WASH.