Pac-12 Women's Swimmer and Diver of the Week - Feb. 10, 2022
Feb 10, 2022
WOMEN’S SWIMMER OF THE WEEK: Aria Bernal, Jr., ARIZONA (Houston, Tex.)
- Led Arizona in its dual meet against Arizona State, in which the Wildcats defeated the Sun Devils with a score of 155-139.
- Won two of her individual events, taking first in the 100-yard backstroke (52.26) and 200-yard backstroke (1:56.55).
- Placed second in the 200-yard IM with a time of 2:04.97 to give Arizona an early lead in the meet.
- Was also on the 200-yard medley relay that took first.
WOMEN’S DIVER OF THE WEEK: Holly Waxman, Fr., UTAH (Leeds, England)
- Finished in the top-five in all three of her events at the Air Force Diving Invite this past weekend.
- Posted two season-best scores in the 1-meter (280.70) and 3-meter springboards (300.85).
- On the final day, set a new personal-best (253.10) in the prelims of the platform and topped that with another personal-best score of 252.30.
- Her personal best moved her from ninth all-time at Utah in the event to fifth, right behind teammate Lexi Mills.
2021-22 PAC-12 WOMEN’S SWIMMING & DIVING MONTHLY/WEEKLY AWARDS