Top half of Pac-12 Men's Basketball standings to meet this week
INSIDE PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PODCAST:
The Inside Pac-12 Men's Basketball Podcast provides a new level of detail and nuanced insight into all things Pac-12 hoops, deep-diving into current conference play, Pac-12 alumni in the NBA, professional potential of current Pac-12 student-athletes, and much more. All-time Pac-12 scoring leader Don MacLean offers a unique perspective on the collegiate and professional basketball landscapes, stories from his career, and projections on student-athletes around the conference.
#PAC12HOOPS STARTING FIVE:
2 - Two Pac-12 student-athletes are among the 15 players named to the Naismith Trophy Defensive Player of the Year watch list announced Jan. 22:
- Kylor Kelley, OREGON STATE - NCAA Division I-leading 3.94 blocks per game.
- Matisse Thybulle, WASHINGTON - 2.72 steals per game (8th in NCAA Division I), 2.33 blocks per game (T21st), only Division I player ranked in top 25 in both categories, one of two in top 100 (Zion Williamson, DUKE).
5-0 - WASHINGTON is the only remaining Pac-12 team to make it through the opening three weeks of Conference play unscathed at 5-0:
- WASHINGTON is 5-0 for the first time since 1983-84 when it opened Pac-10 play 6-0. UW last started league play 7-0 in 1952-53, when it began PCC play 14-0 en route to a Final Four appearance.
- It marks UW’s first five-game league win streak since 2011-12, and a pair of victories this week would mark the Huskies’ longest Conference streak since an eight-game stretch in 2004-05.
9, 6 - The fourth- and fifth-longest series win streaks in the Pac-12 will be on the line this week as COLORADO visits STANFORD on Saturday and OREGON hosts WASHINGTON on Thursday.
- 18 - ARIZONA vs. STANFORD (dating to 2009); 13 - ARIZONA vs. WASHINGTON STATE (2010); 10 - UTAH vs. WASHINGTON STATE (2014); 9 - COLORADO vs. STANFORD (2012); 6 - OREGON vs. WASHINGTON (2015) & CALIFORNIA vs. OREGON STATE (2016).
13.1 - Through 32 league games as of Jan. 21, the average scoring margin is 13.1 points.
- 11 games have been decided by single digits
- 3 games have been decided by one possession (3 pts. or less)
- 3 overtime games (3 total OT periods)
305, 303, 297, 295 - Four of the five most played rivalries in NCAA Division I college basketball take place this week. The Civil War series between Oregon and Oregon State is the nation’s most played at 351 games:
- 2. 305th meeting - OREGON vs. WASHINGTON (UW leads 189-115)
- 3. 303rd meeting - OREGON STATE vs. WASHINGTON (UW leads 160-142)
- 4. 297th meeting - OREGON STATE vs. WASHINGTON STATE (OSU leads 172-124)
- 5. 295th meeting - OREGON vs. WASHINGTON STATE (UO leads 169-125)
ROAD SWEEPS: They’ve been difficult to come by - just 45 in total - since the Pac-12 expanded prior to the 2011-12 season. Below is the number of road sweeps through each region and the most recent team to accomplish the feat:
- ARIZ/ASU - 4 times, most recently by UCLA in 2016-17.
- ORE/OSU - 5 times, most recently by USC in 2017-18.
- COLO/UTAH - 6 times, most recently by Washington in 2018- 19.
- UCLA/USC - 7 times, most recently by Arizona in 2016-17.
- CAL/STAN - 8 times, most recently by Arizona in 2018-19.
- WASH/WSU - 15 times, most recently by Utah in 2017-18.
A school-by-school total of road sweeps in the Pac-12 era:
- ARIZONA - 13
- OREGON - 9
- CALIFORNIA - 6
- UTAH - 5
- UCLA - 4
- USC, WASHINGTON - 3
- COLORADO, STANFORD - 1
- ASU, OSU, WSU - 0
PAC-12 RECORDS WATCH:
Career Steals List (Min. 2 seasons)
- 1. 321 - Gary Payton, OSU, 1986-90
- 2. 298 - Brevin Knight, STAN, 1994-97
- 3. 258 - Eddie House, ASU, 1997-2000
- 4. 254 - MATISSE THYBULLE, WASH, 2016-PRES.
- 5. 246 - Stevin Smith, ASU, 1990-94
CONFERENCE STANDINGS (Expanded Standings)
|Teams||Pac-12 Record||Overall Record|
UPCOMING SCHEDULE (All Times Pacific - Expanded Schedule Details)
|Thursday, Jan. 24||TV||Time|
|Washington at Oregon*||ESPN2||6 p.m.|
|Utah at Stanford*||PAC12||6 p.m.|
|Arizona at USC*||FS1||6 p.m.|
|Colorado at California*||PAC12||8 p.m.|
|Washington State at Oregon State*||PAC12||8 p.m.|
|Arizona State at UCLA*||FS1||8 p.m.|
|Saturday, Jan. 26||TV||Time|
|Washington at Oregon Statte*||PAC12||1 p.m.|
|Arizona State at USC*||ESPN2||5 p.m.|
|Colorado at Stanford*||FS1||5 p.m.|
|Utah at California*||ESPNU||5 p.m.|
|Arizona at UCLA*||ESPN2||7 p.m.|
|Sunday, Jan. 27||TV||Time|
|Washington State at Oregon*||ESPNU||5 p.m.|
* Pac-12 Game
PAC-12 PLAYER OF THE WEEK
NCAA.com Player of the Week:
Luguentz Dort, Arizona State (Nov. 26)
NCAA.com Team of the Week:
Arizona State (Dec. 24)
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 3:00pm PTLive
TOMORROW | 5:00pm PTLive