Pac-12 Football Players of the Week - Week 11
OFFENSE: Kedon Slovis, Fr., QB, USC (Scottsdale, Ariz.)
• Was 29-of-39 for a career-best 432 yards with 4 TDs (8, 8, 58, 95 yards).
• All of his TDs were in the first quarter when he completed 15-of-17 passes (including his first 11) for 297 yards to help USC to a 28-7 lead.
• The 95-yard TD was the longest at USC since a school record 97-yarder in 1996.
Also nominated: Salvon Ahmed, WASH; Laviska Shenault, COLO; Joey Yellen, ASU.
DEFENSE: Edefuan Ulofoshio, R-Fr., LB, Washington (Anchorage, Alaska)
• Ulofoshio came off the bench to lead the Washington defense to a dominant performance in the Huskies' 19-7 win at Oregon State.
• OSU entered the game averaging 33.6 points and 431.0 yards per game, but were limited to 7 points (which were actually scored by the OSU defense on a pick-six) and just 119 yards of total offense.
• Ulofoshio, mainly a special teamer prior to last Friday, entered the game with a total of 11 tackles (and no sacks or TFLs) on the season but, after an injury to a starting linebacker, filled the gap and led the Huskies with nine tackles in the game, including one and a half sacks for losses totaling 12 yards.
• In the second half of the game, Ulofoshio and the Dawgs defense limited the Beavers to just eight yards of total offense and no first downs as OSU went three-and-out five times.
Also nominated: Davion Taylor, COLO.
SPECIAL TEAMS: Evan Price, R-Fr., PK, Colorado (Evergreen, Colo.)
• Scored 10 points, making good on all three field goal attempts and his lone PAT kick.
• His 23-yard field goal tied the game at 13-13 with 7:34 to go, and then he kicked the game winner from 37 yards as time expired
• It's CU's third field goal in history to win a game as time expired, the first since 2007 versus Oklahoma.
• He is the first freshman in school history to be involved in a game winning score in the final two minutes in school history (Mason Crosby made a 23-yard field goal to send the game into overtime that CU eventually beat Kansas, 50-47, in 2003).
• He is now 7-of-8 in his career on field goals.
• He was told Thursday prior to the game that he would be the placekicker, as regular James Stefanou has a hip injury.
Also nominated: Brandon Aiyuk, ASU; Ben Griffiths, USC; Daniel Rodriguez, OSU.
OFFENSIVE LINE: Arlington Hambright, Gr., OL, Colorado (Ypsilanti, Mich.)
• In CU's 16-13 win over Stanford that snapped a five-game losing streak, Hambright played all 71 snaps at left tackle, grading out to a season-best 88.7 percent.
• He had eight knockdowns and a touchdown block in helping CU rush for 172 yards (181 without one sack, averaging 4.5 per rush); 40 yards over Stanford's season average on defense.
DEFENSIVE LINE: Joe Tryon, So., DE, Washington (Renton, Wash.)
• Led a suffocating Husky pass rush Friday in the Huskies' 19-7 win at Oregon State, finishing the game with seven total tackles, four-and-a-half tackles for loss (for 26 yards) and two sacks (for 18 yards).
• It marked the second week in a row that Tryon tallied two sacks in a game. He now ranks 3rd in the Pac-12 in sacks, and second in conference games.
• OSU entered the game averaging 33.6 points and 431.0 yards per game, but were limited to 7 points (which were actually scored by the OSU defense on a pick-six), just 119 yards of total offense and six first downs.
• In the second half of the game, Tryon and the Dawgs defense limited the Beavers to just eight yards of total offense and no first downs as OSU went three-and-out five times.
Also nominated: Christian Rector, USC.
FRESHMAN: Kenan Christon, Fr., TB, USC (San Diego, Calif.)
• Christon, a fifth stringer at the start of the year who was playing just his fourth ever game, got his first career start and responded with 144 all-purpose yards.
• He had 62 yards on 20 carries and 82 yards on 4 catches with 2 TDs (8 and 58 yards, dragging defenders the last 20 yards on his second TD).
Also nominated: Omar Speights, OSU; Joey Yellen, ASU; Evan Price, COLO.
TODAY | 1:30pm PTLive
TODAY | 3:30pm PTLive
TODAY | 5:30pm PTLive