Pac-12 Track & Field Weekly Awards - April 21, 2021
Men’s Track Athlete of the Week: Charles Hicks, R-Fr., STANFORD (Jacksonville, Fla.)
- In his first 5,000 on the track, won the West Coast Classic in Eugene in 13:34.63.
- Sixth in the NCAA in the 5,000, he is also No. 9 in the 10,000 (28:25.29) and is the only runner in the country in the top 10 in both events.
ALSO NOMINATED: Johnnie Blockburger, ARIZONA; Garrett MacQuiddy, CAL; Kenroy Higgins II, UCLA; Brian Herron, USC.
Women’s Track Athlete of the Week: Anna Cockrell, Sr., USC (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Won the 100 hurdles at the Long Beach Invitational with a season-best time of 12.84, which ranks second nationally.
- Already has the top NCAA performance in the 400 hurdles this season (55.65).
- The senior also ran her first collegiate open 400 and finished sixth with a time of 53.39.
ALSO NOMINATED: Shannon Meisberger, ARIZONA; Deshae Wise, CAL; Tarisa Olinski, OREGON STATE; Ella Donaghu, STANFORD; Shae Anderson, UCLA.
Men’s Field Athlete of the Week: Turner Washington, R-Jr., ARIZONA STATE (Tucson, Ariz.)
- Won both the shot and discus at the West Coast Classic.
- Moved to No. 7 on USTFCCA’s list of Collegiate Outdoor All-Time Bests in the discus with his final attempt of 217-5 (66.26).
- No. 2 in the Pac-12 record book, the mark is the best throw by a collegian since 2016 and fourth on the world leaders list this season.
- Also won the shot put with a heave of 68-3 (20.80).
- Leads all NCAA competitors in both events this outdoor season.
ALSO NOMINATED: Jordan Geist, ARIZONA; Keyshawn King, STANFORD; Harrison Schrage, UCLA; McKay Johnson, USC.
Women’s Field Athlete of the Week: Camryn Rogers, Jr., CAL (Richmond, British Columbia)
- Went 239-9 (73.09) on her first hammer throw at the West Coast Classic to pass the Olympic qualifying standard (72.50).
- Lifetime-best toss is No. 3 on USTFCCA’s list of Collegiate Outdoor All-Time Bests, second in Pac-12 history and is currently eighth on the world leaders list in 2021.
ALSO NOMINATED: Samantha Noennig, ARIZONA; Jorinde van Klinken, ARIZONA STATE; Lindsay McShane, OREGON STATE; Alyssa Wilson, UCLA; Temi Ojora, USC.
Pac-12 in the USTFCCCA National Rating Index (April 19)
Men’s Top 25: #2 USC, #6 Oregon, #12 Arizona, #18 Arizona State, #25 Stanford
Women’s Top 25: #3 USC, #12 UCLA, #13 Oregon, #24 Arizona
Pac-12 USTFCCCA National Athletes of the Week
Pac-12 on The Bowerman Watch List
Men's Mid-Outdoor: Cole Hocker, OREGON; Charlie Hunter, OREGON; Cooper Teare, OREGON; Turner Washington, ARIZONA STATE.
Women's Mid-Outdoor: Kemba Nelson, OREGON; Twanisha Terry, USC.
Pac-12 Track & Field Athletes of the Week
|Men's Track||Women's Track||Men's Field||Women's Field|
|March 25||Johnnie Blockburger, ARIZ||Jasmine Jones, USC||Turner Washington, ASU||Jorinde van Klinken, ASU|
|March 31||Xavier Nairne, ORE||Shae Anderson, UCLA||Ben Milligan, ORE||Alyssa Wilson, UCLA|
|April 7||Cole Hocker, ORE||Sage Hurta, COLO||Jordan Scott, USC||Camryn Rogers, CAL|
|April 14||Johnnie Blockburger, ARIZ||Shae Anderson, UCLA||Turner Washington, ASU||Samantha Noennig, ARIZ|
|April 21||Charles Hicks, STAN||Anna Cockrell, USC||Turner Washington, ASU||Camryn Rogers, CAL|