Pac-12 Softball Weekly Awards - April 26, 2021
Player of the Week: Carlie Scupin, Fr., 1B, ARIZONA (Tucson, Ariz.)
- Led Arizona to a four-game sweep over Utah, as the Wildcat offense scored 35 runs, including 26 in the first two games.
- Reached base in eight of her 11 plate appearances, highlighted by a double and a pair of home runs.
- Recorded at least one hit and one RBI in all four wins, including the game-tying RBI single in the series finale.
- Finished the weekend with six total RBI, three runs scored and a 1.625 slugging percentage.
- Second career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor.
Pitcher of the Week: Rachel Garcia, Sr., P/1B, UCLA (Palmdale, Calif.)
- Earned back-to-back Pitcher of the Week accolades with another standout weekend, throwing 8.2 innings across two games against then-No. 3 Washington.
- Tossed a complete-game in the series opener, surrendering three hits and an unearned run while striking out six.
- Struck out four more hitters in 1.2 innings of work in game two.
- Added a double, home run and two RBI at the plate, reaching base in five of her eight plate appearances.
- Third Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week honor in 2021.
Freshman of the Week: Alana Vawter, R-Fr., P, STANFORD (Kansas City, Mo.)
- Threw a pair of complete games in wins at then-No. 6 Oregon, the first time that Stanford has won in Eugene since 2011.
- Pitched a shutout against the Ducks in the series finale, surrendering just three hits while giving the Cardinal its first shutout of a top-10 opponent in four years.
- Struck out nine hitters in three total appearances in the series and posted a 1.26 earned run average.
- First career Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor.
Player of the Week: Eleni Spirakis, STANFORD; Briana Perez, UCLA; Baylee Klingler, WASHINGTON.
Pitcher of the Week: Hanah Bowen, ARIZONA; Brooke Yanez, OREGON; Alana Vawter, STANFORD.
Freshman of the Week: Carlie Scupin, ARIZONA; Alyssa Brito, OREGON; Maya Brady, UCLA; Sarah Willis, WASHINGTON.