Pac-12 Men's Basketball Weekly Awards, presented by Nextiva - Jan. 11, 2021
SAN FRANCISCO - The Pac-12 announced its seventh weekly honors of the 2020-21 men's basketball season as presented by Nextiva and voted on by media who cover the league.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week, presented by Nextiva (1/11/21)
Oscar da Silva, STANFORD
Sr., F, Munich, Germany
• The Karl Malone Power Forward of the Year candidate posted three double-doubles en route to averaging 25.0 points and 11.0 rebounds in Stanford's three double-digit victories last week.
• The Pac-12's leader in scoring (19.8 ppg) and field goal percentage (62.8%), da Silva combined to shoot 29-of-50 from the field (58%) over the three outings.
• Recorded his league-leading second 30-point effort of the season with 31 along with 10 boards in an 81-71 victory at Oregon State.
• Added 17 points and 10 rebounds in a win over Washington, then capped his week with a third double-double of 27 points and 13 boards in a victory over Washington State.
• Marks da Silva's second Player of the Week honor of season and third of his career. The three awards ties for the third-most in Stanford history behind only Adam Keefe (six) and Todd Lichti (four).
ALSO NOMINATED: Andre Kelly, California; McKinley Wright IV, Colorado; Chris Duarte, Oregon; Cody Riley, UCLA; Evan Mobley, USC; Timmy Allen, Utah; Isaac Bonton, Washington State.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Freshman of the Week, presented by Nextiva (1/11/21)
Evan Mobley, USC
Fr., F, Murrieta, Calif.
• The Wooden Award Midseason Watch List member and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year candidate had a pair of double-doubles and averaged 19.0 points, 12.0 rebounds and 3.5 blocks in a road sweep of the Arizona schools, USC's first desert sweep since the 1984-85 season.
• In leading USC to an 87-73 win at Arizona, which snapped a 10-game losing streak in Tucson for the Trojans, he amassed 19 points, 11 rebounds, two steals and a block.
• In the 73-64 win at Arizona State, which snapped a seven-game losing streak in Tempe, he had 19 points, 13 rebounds and six blocks. The six blocks were the most by a Pac-12 player this season, and the double-double was his league-leading fourth of the season.
• Marks the third Freshman of the Week award for Mobley, the third-most since the honor was created in 2019-20 (Zeke Nnaji, Isaiah Stewart - 4).
ALSO NOMINATED: Ziaire Williams, Stanford; Pelle Larsson, Utah.
2020-21 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
|Player of the Week||Freshman of the Week|
|Nov. 30||McKinley Wright IV, COLO||Josh Christopher, ASU|
|Dec. 7||Eugene Omoruyi, ORE||Evan Mobley, USC|
|Dec. 14||Jemarl Baker Jr., ARIZ||Evan Mobley, USC|
|Dec. 21||Oscar da Silva, STAN||Ziaire Williams, STAN|
|Dec. 28||McKinley Wright IV, COLO||Efe Abogidi, WSU|
|Jan. 4||Chris Duarte, ORE||Bennedict Mathurin, ARIZ|
|Jan. 11||Oscar da Silva, STAN||Evan Mobley, USC|