Pac-12 announces Women’s Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Alanna Smith, SR, F, Stanford (Melbourne, Australia)
2 GP, 22.5 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 17-31 FG (.548), 5-9 3PT (.556), 6-6 FT, 8 blk
• Averaged a double-double of 22.5 points and 10.0 rebounds in Stanford's weekend sweep at No. 19 Arizona State (72-65) and Arizona (78-48), improving the Cardinal’s record to 14-1 for its best start since 2013-14 (22-1).
• Drained five shots from deep off nine attempts and ranks fourth in the country with a 48.8 three-point field goal percentage.
• 25 points against the Sun Devils and backed that up with 20 points versus the Wildcats, her third-straight 20+ point performance and 11th-straight double-digit outing.
• Grabbed 14 rebounds and had a career-high seven blocks against Arizona, tied for the second-most blocks in a single game in program history. Leads the Conference with 2.4 blocks per game, which ranks 21st nationally.
• Picks up her second Pac-12 Player of the Week honor this season (Dec. 17) for Stanford’s 109th all-time weekly honor.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Kianna Ibis, ASU; Quinessa Caylao-Do, COLO; Satou Sabally, ORE; Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA; Megan Huff, UTAH; Chanelle Molina, WSU.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Dre'Una Edwards, FR, F, Utah (Las Vegas, Nev.)
• 2 GP, 17.0 ppg, 16-24 FG (.667), 8.0 rpg, 3.0 apg, 4 stl, 3 blk
• Averaged 17 points in Utah's road sweep against Washington State (72-68) and Washington (58-43), while shooting 60-percent or higher in both games.
• Scored a career-high 20 points, on 9-of-15 shooting (.600) against Washington State.
• Tallied her sixth double-double of the season with 14 points and 10 rebounds against Washington, shooting 77-percent from the floor while dishing out a career-high four assists.
• Leads all Pac-12 freshmen with six double-doubles thus far and tied for third-most by a rookie nationally.
• Collects fourth Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor this season (Nov. 12, Nov. 19, Dec. 17, Jan 14), joining teammates Dru Gylten (Dec. 10, Jan. 7) and Andrea Torres (Dec. 31) for the Utes’ seventh nod this season. Seven freshman awards in a single season has only been accomplished three other times in Pac-12 history: 2013-14 Washington (7); 2015-16 California (8); 2016-17 Oregon (7).
Also nominated: Cate Reese, ARIZ; Lesila Finau, COLO; Taylor Chavez, ORE; Jasmine Simmons, OSU; Lexie Hull, STAN; Lindsey Corsaro, UCLA; Shir Levy, WSU.
2018-19 PAC-12 WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive