Pac-12 announces volleyball players of the week
Offensive: Mac May, JR, OH, UCLA (Dubuque, Iowa)
6.33 KPS, .432 Pct., 3 SA, 3.67 DPS, 0.50 BPS, 7.1 PPS
• Led No. 23 UCLA to a fourth-place Conference finish after defeating Arizona (3-0) and USC (3-0) on the road.
• Produced 38 kills and committed just six errors in 74 attempts for a .432 hitting percentage, more than 150 points higher than her overall hitting percentage.
• Posted a double-double against rival Trojans, adding three aces to go with her 17 kills and 14 digs, surpassing the 100-career ace mark to become just the 13th Bruin to reach 100 aces and 1,000 kills.
• Posted 21 kills, eight digs and two blocks in the sweep over the Wildcats.
• Named offensive player of the week for the second time this season and earns the Bruins’ 86th all-time weekly award.
Defensive: Morgan Hentz, SR, LB, Stanford (Lakeside Park, Ky.)
5.71 DPS, 1.57 APS
• Led No. 3 Stanford to a weekend sweep over both No. 25 Washington State (3-0) and California (3-1) to claim the 2019 Pac-12 title outright.
• Posted 20 digs in each match, marking her 19th and 20th 20+ dig match this season and bringing her career-dig total to 2,207, the fourth-most in Pac-12 history.
• Collects her second-consecutive and ninth-career defensive player of the week award, Stanford’s 121st all-time award.
Freshman: Karson Bacon, FR, MB, Oregon (Fontana, Calif.)
2.75 KPS, .579 Pct., 3.6 PPS
• Helped the Ducks to a four-set win over Oregon State (3-1) last week.
• Registered 11 kills and a season-high .579 hitting percentage, marking her fifth match with 10 or more kills this season.
• Posted seven total blocks, posting at least five for the 11th time this season.
• Earns her freshman of the week for the first time this season, and Oregon’s 14th all-time freshman of the week award.
Offensive: Andrea Mitrovic, ASU; Ronika Stone, ORE; Maddie Goings, OSU; Audriana Fitzmorris, STAN; Dani Drews, UTAH; Magda Jehlarova, WSU.
Defensive: Courtney Leffel, ASU; Brooke Nuneviller, ORE; Grace Massey, OSU; Berkeley Oblad, UTAH; Hannah Pukis, WSU; Emily Ryan, UCLA.
Freshman: Lexi Hadrych, UCLA; Zoe Weatherington, Utah; Magda Jehlarova, WSU.