Pac-12 announces Women’s Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Kristine Anigwe, Sr., F, California (Phoenix, Ariz)
2 GP, 29.5 ppg, 20.5 rpg, 24-36 FG (.667), 11-14 FT, 2 stl, 4 blk
• Averaged 29.5 points and 20.5 rebounds per game in California’s weekend sweep against Washington State (77-63) and Washington (79-70) for her NCAA leading 17th double-double this season.
• 23 rebounds against the Cougars on Friday are the most by any Pac-12 player in a single game over the last two seasons.
• Her 30-point, 18-rebound effort versus the Huskies marked the first time in four years that a Pac-12 player posted those numbers in a single game, going 13-for-18 from the floor for her best shooting performance of the season (.722).
• Finished with 41 total rebounds in Cal’s two wins, 13 more than any other player in the Conference last week, improving to 15.2 rebound per game thus far for the most of any player in the country.
• Extended her double-double streak to 18-straight games (dating back to last season), moving into a tie with fellow Pac-12 standouts Cheryl Miller and Jillian Alleyne for the seventh-longest double-double streak in NCAA Division I women’s basketball history.
• Collects her sixth-career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor for Cal’s 48th all-time weekly honor.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Kianna Ibis, ASU; Alexis Robinson, COLO; Sabrina Ionescu, ORE; Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Alanna Smith, STAN; Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA; Aliyah Mazyck, USC; Megan Huff, UTAH.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Cate Reese, Fr., F, Arizona (Cypress, Texas)
• 2 GP, 17.0 ppg, 14-24 FG (.583), 5.0 rpg, 4 stl, 3
• Averaged 17 points and shot 58 percent from the field against two top-10 teams on the road as Arizona fell to No. 5 Oregon (93-60) and No. 10 Oregon State (86-64) last week.
• Recorded a season-high three steals against the Ducks, shot 3-for-3 at line and drained one from deep to finish with 16 points in the game.
• Tied for ninth in the Conference with 7.8 rebounds per game and fourth with a .854 free throw percentage this season.
• Collects second Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor this season after making program history as Arizona’s first-ever freshman honoree on Nov. 26.
Also nominated: McKenzie Forbes, CAL; Jasmine Simmons, OSU; Lindsey Corsaro, UCLA; Andrea Torres, UTAH
2018-19 PAC-12 WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
RELATED NEWS & VIDEOS
TODAY | 7:00pm PTLive