Pac-12 Tennis Weekly Awards - April 12, 2021
MEN’S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Timothy Sah, Sr., STANFORD (San Diego, Calif.)
- Scored clinching points in each of Stanford's 4-3 wins over UCLA and USC this past weekend, keeping the Cardinal unbeaten in Pac-12 play at 5-0 for the season.
- In his match against USC, Sah was trailing 6-7, 0-5 before storming back to win the deciding point for the Cardinal.
- Has clinched four matches for Stanford this season, including each of the last three matches.
Also Nominated: Makey Rakotomalala, ASU; Franco Capalbo, UTAH; Clement Chidekh, WASH.
WOMEN’S TENNIS PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Abbey Forbes, So., UCLA (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Went 4-0 across her No. 1 singles and doubles matches as the Bruins claimed the first Pac-12 regular-season championship in program history with 7-0 wins against both Stanford and California this past weekend.
- Knocked off a pair of top-50 singles opponents, dealing No. 48 Michaela Gordon of the Cardinal (6-2, 6-4) and No. 41 Haley Giavara of the Golden Bears (6-2, 6-0) losses in straight sets.
- In doubles play, Forbes and Jada Hart improved their record to 7-1 with triumphs over Gordon/Niluka Madurawe of Stanford (6-2) and Giavara/Valentina Ivanov of Cal (6-1).
Also Nominated: Domenika Turkovic, ASU; Nika Zupancic, WASH; Savanna Ly-Nguyen, WSU.