Pac-12 Baseball Players of The Week - May 2, 2022
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Cody Schrier, UCLA
(Fr., SS - San Clemente, Calif.)
4 GP, .444 AVG, .500 OBP, .667 SLG, 9 RBI, 6 R, 8 H, 4 XBH, 2 BB, 1 SB
- Hit safely in all four games as UCLA went 3-1, including a weekend sweep of Arizona State.
- Had a team-high nine RBIs for the week, including 8 vs. ASU.
- On Saturday, tied the game with a three-run double, and later scored the game-winning run.
- Had a double in all four games.
- Played strong defense up the middle, committing no errors and making a number of nice plays
- Second UCLA player to win the award this season (Carson Yates, March 7th).
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Max Rajcic, UCLA
(So., RHP - Fullerton, Calif.)
1 GP, 1-0, CG, 8.1 IP, 2.16 ERA, 3 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 11 K
- Took a no-hitter into the ninth inning on Friday vs. ASU. Faced the minimum through six innings.
- Set new career highs in strikeouts (11) and innings (8.1).
- After sitting in the dugout for 45 minutes while UCLA scored 13 runs in bottom of the sixth, came out and struck out the side in the top of the seventh
- First UCLA pitcher to win the award this season. Two Bruins were selected for this honor last season (Jesse Bergin and Zach Pettway).
Player of the Week: Chase Davis, ARIZ; Brock Jones, STAN; Nathan Martorella, CAL; Jacob Melton, OSU; Landon Frei, UTAH; Justin Van De Brake, WSU
Pitcher of the Week: Matthew Sox, UTAH; Anthony Susac, ARIZ; Steven Zobac, CAL; Jacob Kmatz, OSU; Alex Williams, STAN; Grant Taylor, WSU