Pac-12 announces Women’s Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Megan Huff, Sr., F, Utah (Federal Way, Wash.)
2 GP, 20.5 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 12-28 FG (.429), 14-15 FT, 3 stl, 2 blk
• Averaged a 20-point double-double in Utah's weekend sweep over California (87-74) and No. 6 Stanford (75-68), recording the Utes’ best start in program history through 19 games (18-1).
• Led the Utes to their first-ever win over Stanford, tallying 17 points and 13 rebounds against the No. 6 Cardinal.
• 24 points against California was the 10th time this season she reached the 20-point mark and the third time in the last four games, while adding nine rebounds and two steals.
• Shot 93-percent from the free throw line in Utah's two wins, including two crucial made free throws with less than a minute remaining against Stanford to make it a two-possession game.
• Has reached double figures in all 19 games this season and is tied for 20th nationally with 10 double-doubles this year.
• Second-career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor for Utah’s sixth all-time weekly honor.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Courtney Ekmark, ASU; Kristine Anigwe, CAL; Alexis Robinson, COLO; Ruthy Hebard, ORE; Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Alanna Smith, STAN; Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA; Mariya Moore, USC.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Cate Reese, Fr., F, Arizona (Cypress, Texas)
2 GP, 15.5 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 13-24 FG (.542), 2 stl,
• Averaged 15.5 points and 8.0 rebounds per game while shooting 54 percent from the field in Arizona’s victory over USC (71-68) and triple-overtime loss to UCLA (98-93) last week.
• Recorded her first-career Pac-12 double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds against UCLA without heading to the line, her first since Dec. 5.
• First Wildcat to record five double-doubles in one season since Davellyn Whyte (2012-13).
• Scored 17 points against USC for her fourth-straight game in double-figures and second time this season she tallied at least 14 points in four-consecutive games (Nov. 16-27).
• Earns back-to-back Pac-12 Freshman of the Week nods for her third award this season after making program history as Arizona’s first-ever freshman honoree on Nov. 26.
Also nominated: Lesila Finau, COLO; Jasmine Simmons, OSU; Lexie Hull, STAN; Lindsey Corsaro, UCLA; Dru Gylten, UTAH.
2018-19 PAC-12 WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK