Pac-12 announces Softball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Taylor Pack, Sr., 3B, UCLA (Sutter, Calif.)
3 GP, 6 hits, 3 2B, 3 HR, 10 RBIs, .750 AVG, .778 OBP
• Recorded six hits, three doubles and 10 RBIs in No. 1 UCLA’s weekend sweep at No. 19 Arizona State (10-0, 9-0, 16-5) to improve to 35-1 overall and remain perfect in Pac-12 play at 9-0.
• Hit three home runs in the ranked matchup, including her first two-homer game while also tying a career-high four RBIs on Friday.
• Matched personal bests with three hits and two doubles and knocked one out of the park to help clinch the series and earn the team’s fourth-straight shutout win.
• Cleared the bases with a three-run double and made only two plate appearances in the series finale.
• Collects her first career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor for UCLA’s 157th all-time nod as the Bruins have claimed 13-of-27 weekly honors this season.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Jordan Dail, So., P, Oregon (Forest, Va.)
3 GP, 3 wins, 19.0 IP, 23 K, 5 runs, 1.84 ERA
• Threw three complete-games in Oregon’s non-conference wins over Pittsburgh (9-1, 4-3) and Missouri (4-1) that featured a doubleheader on Saturday.
• Allowed five total earned runs on only seven hits and tossed 23 strikeouts over 19.0 innings pitched.
• Held Missouri to one run and two hits with seven strikeouts over seven complete innings of work.
• Leads the Pac-12 and is top-10 in the country in innings pitched this season with 152.2 and ranks third in the league with 165 total strikeouts.
• First career weekly honor and first Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week nod for Oregon this season, marking the Duck’s 75th all-time award.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Megan Faraimo, Fr., P, UCLA (Vista, Calif.)
1 GP, 1 win, 5.0 IP, 9 K, 0 BB, 2 hits, 0.00 ERA
• Struck out nine batters in a complete-game, two-hit shutout, as No. 1 UCLA defeated No. 19 Arizona State, 10-0, on Friday to help lead the Bruins to a nation-leading ERA (1.12).
• Retired the first 11 hitters of the game while striking out the side in the second and fifth innings. Now has the second-most shutouts in the Conference this season with six.
• Held Arizona State to a pair of base hits as the Sun Devils entered the weekend as the nation’s No. 1 scoring offense (8.36 runs per game) and second in slugging percentage (.659).
• Collects her fifth Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor this season (Feb. 19, 26; March 12; Apr. 1) for UCLA’s fifth-straight and 20th all-time rookie nod.
Player: Jessie Harper, ARIZ; April Utecht, ORE; Teaghan Cowles, STAN; Sis Bates, WASH.
Pitcher: Taylor McQuillin, ARIZ; Carolyn Lee, STAN; Rachel Garcia, UCLA; Gabbie Plain WASH.
Freshman: Allee Bunker, ORE; Emily Young, STAN.
2019 PAC-12 SOFTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK