ASU's Martin, Arizona's Nnaji again collect Pac-12 Men's Basketball weekly awards
ARIZONA STATE's Remy Martin won Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week for the second time and ARIZONA's Zeke Nnaji was tabbed Freshman of the Week for the fourth time as voted on by media who cover the league.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Player of the Week (2/17/20)
Remy Martin, Arizona State
Jr., G, Chatsworth, Calif.
• Averaged 23.0 points on 67 percent shooting (16-24), including 5-of-6 behind the arc, and 3.5 assists as Arizona State swept the Bay Area schools.
• The road sweep was ASU's first in more than a decade (Jan. 2010) and first in the Pac-12 era. It also extended the Sun Devils' league win streak to five games, the sixth-longest among major conference programs nationally and longest for the program since Feb. 2009.
• Scored game-high tying 24 points on 9-of-14 shooting in 74-69 victory at Stanford on Thursday. Totaled 11 points in the final 7:17 of the game.
• Also netted game-high tying 22 points on 7-of-10 field goals along with five assists in 80-75 triumph at California on Sunday. Scored 15 points in the final 11:08 of the contest.
• Fourth to earn two Player of the Week honors this season joining Utah's Timmy Allen, Oregon's Chris Duarte and Washington State's CJ Elleby.
ALSO NOMINATED: Zeke Nnaji, ARIZONA; Tyler Bey, COLORADO; Payton Pritchard, OREGON; Ethan Thompson, OREGON STATE; Chris Smith, UCLA; Daniel Utomi, USC.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Freshman of the Week (2/17/20)
Zeke Nnaji, Arizona
Fr., F, Hopkins, Minn.
• Averaged 21.0 points on 61 percent shooting (14-23) and 8.0 rebounds as Arizona also swept through the Bay Area, becoming the only Pac-12 program with two road sweeps so far this season.
• Led all players with 21 points and added five rebounds, two blocks and two assists in 68-52 victory over California on Thursday.
• Recorded a 21-point, 11-rebound double-double - his league-leading 12th of the season, tied for the second-most among NCAA Division I freshmen - in 69-60 win at Stanford on Saturday.
• Is his league-high tying fourth Freshman of the Week award this season (Isaiah Stewart, WASH).
ALSO NOMINATED: Addison Patterson, OREGON; Isaiah Mobley, USC; Branden Carlson, UTAH; Jaden McDaniels, WASHINGTON; Noah Williams, WASHINGTON STATE.
2019-20 PAC-12 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK