Pac-12 Baseball Weekly Awards - May 3, 2021
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Ethan Long, Fr., INF, ARIZONA STATE (Gilbert, Ariz.)
4 GP, .500 AVG, .474 OBP, 1.444 SLG, 14 RBI, 5 HR, 7 R, 9 H, 0 BB
- Long batted .500 (9-of-18) and recorded five home runs over four games, leading Arizona State to a three-game sweep over Rhode Island.
- The freshman infielder had 14 RBIs for the week and of his nine total hits, seven were for extra bases for a 1.444 slugging percentage and 1.918 OPS.
- Recorded multiple RBIs in each of his four games, including a season-high six in the series sweeping victory over the Rams on Sunday, a game in which he was a triple shy of the cycle.
- Also scored six runs in the URI series and seven on the week to account for 21 of the Sun Devils' 36 runs.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Chase Silseth, So., RHP, ARIZONA (Farmington, N.M.)
1 GP, 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0.00 ERA, 8 K
- Worked 7.0 scoreless innings to lead Arizona to a series-opening win over Utah this past weekend.
- Allowed just two hits and struck out eight Utes as he carried a no-hit bid into the fifth inning.
- Maintained his perfect home record, moving to 7-0 on the year at Hi Corbett Field.
- After this weekend, Silseth now has the second-most wins in the Pac-12 with seven.
Player of the Week: Ryan Holgate, ARIZ; Darren Baker, California; Greg Fuchs, OSU; Vincent Martinez, STAN; Kyle Karros, UCLA; Kyle Manzardo, WSU.
Pitcher of the Week: Sean Sullivan, CAL; Robert Ahlstrom, ORE; Brendan Beck, STAN; Sean Mullen, UCLA, Kyle Robeniol, UTAH; Alex Cornwell, USC; Zane Mills, WSU.