Pac-12 Baseball Players of The Week - May 24, 2021
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Cole Elvis, Jr., C, CALIFORNIA (Vacaville, Calif.)
4 GP, .529 AVG, .579 OBP, .941 SLG, 7 RBI, 1 HR, 3 R, 9 H, 2 BB
- Totaled eight hits and six RBIs as California took 2-of-3 games at UCLA over the weekend.
- Set career-highs with four hits, including a home run and double, and five RBIs in Golden Bears' series-opening 14-2 win on Friday.
- Followed up with a 3-for-4 effort on Saturday to help the Golden Bears clinch their first road series at UCLA since 2009.
- Had at least one hit in all four games last week, caught all 34 innings and threw out 1-of-3 potential base stealers.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Cooper Hjerpe, Fr., LHP, OREGON STATE (Capay, Calif.)
1 GP, 7.0 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 11 K
- Worked seven innings on Saturday to lead Oregon State to a 3-1 win over Arizona.
- Limited the Conference's top offense to just two hits and a run while striking out a career-high 11.
- Gave up the one run on an attempted double steal. The runner who scored on the double steal marked the only time all game that the Wildcats put a runner into scoring position against Hjerpe.
- Retired the side in four of his seven innings of work and never faced more than four batters in an inning.
Player of the Week: Donta Williams, ARIZ; Nate Baez, ASU; Josh Kasevich, ORE; Drew Bowser, STAN; Kevin Kendall, UCLA; Ben Ramirez, USC; Christopher Rowan Jr., UTAH.
Pitcher of the Week: Vince Vannelle, ARIZ; Josh White, CAL; Robert Ahlstrom, ORE; Brendan Beck, STAN; Max Rajcic, UCLA; Chandler Champlain, USC; Justin Kelly, UTAH.