Pac-12 announces Women’s Basketball Players of the Week
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Recee Caldwell, GS, G, California (San Antonio, Texas)
2 GP, 22.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 16-28 FG (.571), 8-13 3FG, 4.5 apg
• Registered back-to-back 20-point games to lead California to a weekend sweep of No. 17 Arizona State (69-60) and Arizona (82-76) in overtime.
• 7-for-12 from the floor and 4-for-6 from beyond the arc while dishing out five assists with just one turnover in Cal's upset of the Sun Devils.
• Tallied a season-high 24 points (9-for-16) on Senior Day and hit the game-tying three-pointer with 17 seconds left in regulation in the overtime victory over UA.
• Accounted for 17 of Cal's 20 third-quarter points versus the Wildcats, sparking Cal’s largest come-from-behind win in a decade and second extra-time win this season.
• Collects first Pac-12 Player of the Week honor for Cal’s 50th all-time nod.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ; Peanut Tuitele, COLO; Erin Boley, ORE; Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Alanna Smith, STAN; Kennedy Burke, UCLA; Aliyah Mazyck, USC; Megan Huff, UTAH; Amber Melgoza, WASH.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: McKenzie Forbes, Fr., G, California (Folsom, Calif.)
2 GP, 8.5 ppg, 5-7 FG (.714), 5-7 FT
• Averaged 8.5 points in California’s desert sweep of No. 17 Arizona State and Arizona for its final homestand of Pac-12 play.
• All 17 points scored vs. the Wildcats came in the fourth quarter and overtime to help Cal battle back after a 20-point deficit at the half.
• 5-of-6 from the three-point range and a perfect 5-for-5 over the final 15 minutes against the UA, including three-pointers on back-to-back possession in overtime with the latter giving Cal the lead for good.
• First Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honor for California’s 15th freshman award.
Also nominated: Peanut Tuitele, COLO; Lacie Hull, STAN; Andrea Torres, UTAH.
2018-19 PAC-12 WOMEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK